Cyprus is at the crossroads between Europe, Asia and Africa. It has a rich history of more than 10000 years during which every rule with some activity in the Mediterranean sea took an interest in the island. As a result, there is a wonderfully informative web of archeological finds and small museums that are unique to the history of human enterprise.
The following links provide some information about the more important archaeological sites to visit:
- Cyprus Archaeology Website
- Cyprus Archaeology Website - Main Archaeological Sites to Visit
- Department of Antiquities Website - Main Archaeological Sites open the public
- Department of Antiquities Website - Kourion
- Sacred Destinations Website - The Tombs of the Kings
- "Visit Cyprus" Portal of the Cyprus Tourism Organisation